Follow Me on Pinterest!!

Friday, February 13, 2015

The Journey Continues (but the journey has changed after losing 128lbs)

    Hey all,
 
                I know its been a while since my last post (over  a year lol), but a girl's been busy. Since my last post there has been a lot of change. We will start with life changes, since then I have gotten my Master's degree in Clinical Social Work (still have yet to sit for the test to get my license). I now work in my field instead of working jobs that have nothing to do with why I went to school. I am now a crisis counselor at a crisis house for individuals with chronic mental illness. And i love it!!! The hours are a bit whacky, but I am making it work!! I am also 31 year old now :(  Lol now I feel better (and look better) than I did when I was 21.
                In terms of my weight loss, boy have there been changes...so my last post on here I still weighed over 200 lbs (225lbs to be exact). Now I weigh 161lbs. and am a size 6/8 (from size 16 as of last post (August 2013)). So I did it and I hit my 100lbs lost goal!!!! Currently I have lost 128 pounds. In a little over 2 years. I must say that the scale no longer moves very much for me and really hasn't in a few months. I hit the 100lbs mark in about 1.5 years. In the last post, I talked about being close to graduating from "plus-sized" stores. Since the last post,  I have graduated and can now shop just about anywhere. There are so little options for cute clothing when ur bigger and that is a problem!! (maybe a different post for that lol)
                I am still trying to lose about 10 more pounds just so I can lean out a bit and lose some remaining fat. According to my BMI I am still over weight, but we all know that the BMI charts are utter BS! I am trying to lose these last 10 just so I can be a bit more fit and trim. More than anything right now, I want to build up my muscle and tone up and just be a strong female!! I want to look like the athlete that I am!!!
                Since losing all this weight I have not only lost the weight, but I have also changed on the inside!! It is so different living life on the other side of 100lbs lost. I have a whole new mentality. I still have a ways to go though in terms of my confidence and self-esteem, but its getting there. After many years of self hatred and body shaming from myself it will take a while to completely love my body, but I am trying, one day at a time.
                My goals right now involve doing more strength training and improving my diet a bit. For a while here I was still eating as if i needed to lose 100 lbs., and not eating as if i had. By this i mean I had not changed my diet really since I first started. What I was told by a trainer at my gym was that i was not eating enough and that I can eat more since I really don't have much more weight to lose. So recently I have upped my caloric intake and upped my workouts a bit and have started to lift a bit more heavy. This is so that i can lean a bit and lose some fat.
                 I plan on posting more often so i can help others to achieve their goals like I have mine. Losing weight is hard, but with support you can def so it!! I will post again soon I promise, but just wanted to keep this semi-updated. Below are some before and after pics. Thanks for checking out my blog guys!! leave a comment if u want to see more!!

*** To see how it all began view my first blog post from 2013!!

-Valerie

          This before is from my last post August of 2013 (six months in) and the after is from Jan. 2015

                      This before is from before I started my journey 2 years ago. The after is from Jan. 2015

All blog posts and Photos are Copyright Valerie Hinrichs 2013-2015

5 comments:

  1. Awesome! I would love to read more posts. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks guys!!! Your support is everything!!! I will def keep posting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't be discouraged if you gain weight while working out. Muscle weighs more than fat so, you'll gain but look leaner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Valerie, without doubt your journey has inspired me. I am a strong believer in giving credit where credit is due, and you deserve applause! Thank you for sharing your journey and empowering me to start my own. I am officially down 15lbs today, thanks in part to your positive feedback, encouragement and honesty. #fitlife!

    SMorgan

    ReplyDelete